There are plenty of factors to consider before you purchase a weighted blanket. We always follow the 10 percent rule, which states that the weight of the blanket should be 10 percent of your body weight. If a blanket is too heavy, it cannot create an environment conducive for sleeping and thus will fail to produce the desired results. Plenty of DreamHug™ weighted blanket reviews claim that a few extra pounds enhance the benefits, though manufacturers recommend the 10 percent rule.
At times, people buy weighted blankets to share among family or friends. This is not recommended because people differ in size! For example, a parent sleeping with a toddler should not lay an adult’s weighted blanket over the child. Conversely, an adult will not benefit when sleeping under a child’s weighted blanket.
Weighted blankets are available in a variety of dimensions and sizes. These measurements can be customized according to your needs. For example, queen and king-size weighted blankets are suitable for couples, not just one person. This is because any part of the blanket that is not touching a person’s body is wasted.
If you want to know how to choose a weighted blanket for a person with special needs, consider the fabric. Weighted blankets come in a variety of fabrics such as cotton, velvet, satin and fleece. If you’re going to use the blanket frequently, get a washable cover as well. Also, consider your budget.
Online DreamHug™ weighted blanket reviews demonstrate how this product helps to address a myriad of health problems. These are the top reasons why you should buy the blanket today:
• Eases insomnia - Millions of people in the world suffer from insomnia. Research reveals that deep touch pressure stimulation therapy enhances the production of hormones that regulate sleep.
• Reduces anxiety - There are several effective ways of dealing with anxiety, including identifying triggers, meditating, and using a weighted blanket. Our blanket products give you a firm but gentle hug anywhere in your home, from your bed to the sofa.
• Enhances focus for ADHD - Attention-deficit hyperactivity syndrome (ADHD) is characterized by lack of focus. Weighted blankets can help both children and adults to improve their focus by producing a calming and soothing effect.
• Improves sleep quality - This is one of the best advantages of weighted blankets. It’s important to note that bad sleep has numerous other causes apart from insomnia such as fatigue. Deep touch stimulation improves your sleep hygiene by helping you to fall asleep faster and sleep for longer. You’ll feel well-rested and revitalized when you wake up in the morning.
• Boosts your mood - Bouts of sadness are usually caused by chemical changes in your brain. For example, if your brain lacks sufficient serotonin, it could harm your mental health. Weighted blankets reduce cortisol (stress) levels while boosting serotonin production.
• Eases pain without medication - Many doctors prescribe painkillers as the first line of treatment for patients with mild or chronic pain. A weighted blanket offers a 100% natural alternative to medication (prescription and non-prescription).
• Alleviates symptoms of PTSD - Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can affect anyone, not just combat veterans. PTSD is also experienced by people who have been involved in a physical assault or a bad car accident. Weighted blankets lower blood pressure, thereby making you less anxious.
Some insurance companies have been known to cover weighted blankets. First step is to call your insurance provider and if approved your receipt can be submitted as a claim.
If you suffer from anxiety, a DreamHug™ weighted blanket can help you to sleep better at night. The blanket effectively relaxes the body, but many people are concerned about getting hot flashes or other common conditions. The summer season is another major concern due to its hot temperatures.
One of the main advantages of weighted blankets is that they don’t get too hot despite being heavier than regular blankets. Even when the temperature outside is hot or you’re one of those people prone to overheating, a weighted blanket will still offer unmatched comfort. Our blankets are made from soft, durable fabric that is washable.
The next time you ask yourself: “Are weighted blankets hot?” You’ll be glad to know that they’re not because weighted blankets are therapeutic; they calm and soothe you.
We accept all major credit cards and have a fast checkout with Apple Pay.
The returned items must be shipped back to our warehouses within the 30 days. Customers are responsible for the packaging and return shipping charges. We cannot accept a return that is damaged or without the original packaging.
As of May 1 we are offering our blankets on final clearance.
For all customer questions or concerns, please email us at Dreamhugblankets@outlook.com. We will respond to your email within 24 hours Monday - Friday. Please note that harassment to our Support Team won't be tolerated.